Posts submitted but will be reviewed

• 25 January 2017
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Just posted a reply in the Ask a Question forum and received a message that the reply will be posted after review by moderators.

Is this a "new" feature or just for me? or........?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Had one the other day. I think it's the spam filter being aggressive.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Had one the other day. I think it's the spam filter being aggressive.

That's it exactly. We're catching a lot of spam, but sometimes it grabs the wrong post too. Your post should be up Stuart, sorry for the delay.
It isn't just you, Stuart_W. I've had one (or two?) myself. And puzzled over what might be tickling the spam filter, with no evident answers.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Strings of numbers, which can often happen in link URLs, seem to be a key trigger. I've had posts that weren't even submitted for review, but just outright blocked, because of a string of numbers in the URL. I had to use a URL shortener to get the post to work.
Yep, InSided still has work to do on their spam filter. Should be simple enough for them to just disable it for members with 10 or more posts, or with long-standing membership, but they still seem very new to this forum software business.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Yep, InSided still has work to do on their spam filter. Should be simple enough for them to just disable it for members with 10 or more posts, or with long-standing membership, but they still seem very new to this forum software business.
Yeah, I've mentioned to Ryan that post count should have an impact on whether or not the spam filter is applied... certainly if you make it to 100 posts or more, it should be functionally disabled... but potential instances of filtering should be reduced as you work your way to that point.
A string of numbers that looks like it could be an IP address will cause the post to be blocked. A string similar to "192.xx.xx.1" is allowed, but not if "xx" is replaced with numbers.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
It can even happen without numbers. I actually just made a post that had no numbers at all in it, and it was submitted for review. Not sure what I said that would have prompted that... it seemed like a pretty innocuous post to me.