Playlist Functionality Suggestions

• 29 March 2021
  • 3 replies

I use the Sonos Controller on MacBook Pro (Intel) and I like to add artists and song to the queue to play them then save them. 

1. It would be nice to save more playlists from the queue or save it locally (on my machine) but I keep getting there is not enough room. Then I remove an old playlist, but it still cannot save the playlist.
  2. Would be nice to add songs in a batch select to a playlist.
  3. Drag and Drop song to a playlist -- with multiple selections also.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @simi asaro, and welcome to the Sonos Community!

I’ll be happy to pass your feedback regarding Sonos playlists on to the team.

Just a small note regarding the playlists however - these are stored on the speakers themselves, rather than on your MacBook - and the players will run out of room the more playlists you have, and the more songs are in those playlists.

Hi @Xander P -- Thank you for your reply and explanation. It is interesting that the playlists are stored on the speakers. With cloud services, it does not make sense that the playlists are limited to be saved on the speakers. Or, maybe the speakers can have a slot for increasing the memory for storage with SD cards, It would either make more sense that the speakers would be connected to a cloud based storage, or use wifi to stream the content off my local computer or another device. But that is just my opinion and suggestion. Thanks.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi @Xander P -- Thank you for your reply and explanation. It is interesting that the playlists are stored on the speakers. With cloud services, it does not make sense that the playlists are limited to be saved on the speakers. Or, maybe the speakers can have a slot for increasing the memory for storage with SD cards, It would either make more sense that the speakers would be connected to a cloud based storage, or use wifi to stream the content off my local computer or another device. But that is just my opinion and suggestion. Thanks.

With S1 it made sense because it was designed so long ago. But S2 is supposed to be a new OS so bring us some features that leverage the new OS and hardware such that these limitations are a thing of the past!