Playlist feature request

• 30 December 2018
  • 2 replies

I have seen one or two of these posts, but here goes anyway. Sonos is great - but the playlist area is long overdue for backup and sharing components. I have lost playlists on a few resets. It would just seem that saving to a cloud based system - either sonos account hosted or owners dropbox would be easy to implement. At minimum how about the ability to export playlist data/info for saving and re-import in case of emergency. I think Winamp has been able to do this fore 20 years or so...not sure why Sonos is dragging their feet on this.

2 replies

I have seen one or two of these posts, but here goes anyway. Sonos is great - but the playlist area is long overdue for backup and sharing components. I have lost playlists on a few resets. It would just seem that saving to a cloud based system - either sonos account hosted or owners dropbox would be easy to implement. At minimum how about the ability to export playlist data/info for saving and re-import in case of emergency. I think Winamp has been able to do this fore 20 years or so...not sure why Sonos is dragging their feet on this.
With your own purchased music. But the fact that you can also add tracks from various music services to Sonos playlists, however, makes things slightly complicated due to copyright claims.
Badge
It has been asked over and over but they would rather add useless features instead. I wish someone competent would purchase Sonos and get it back on track. Making playlists is a huge pain, and removing songs from a playlist makes me just quit and start a new playlist over.