Peloton Connection to Sonos in-house Infrastructure

• 18 March 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2

I see SONOS connects to multiple dozens of music and other services. 

I want the same ability to have app integration, air-play or "cast" audio from my Peloton Android bike to Sonos. The speakers that come with the bike are week. This would be a great feature and really spice up the workout experience. It would also benefit SONOS for users (and there are many like me) that want more sound when they work out. Bluetooth is not enough as I have the workout room setup with speakers through a SONOS port. I would think its best to setup like Pandora, Apple Music, Spotify and similar services.

An “airplay” type of casting to a  SONOS one would be secondary as an option here.

Summary: Connect both services, benefit tens of thousands (they have millions) of Peloton users. The benefit goes into exposure to SONOS for these new users. The byproduct is the benefit of better sound than the tiny speaker built into the bike. 

Reach out if you would like this feature added!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Suggest to Peloton that they go to the Sonos partners page and sign up to be a Sonos partner. The more external influence that can be provided, the more likely something like this can happen.

Badge +2

I would like to see the same ability / integration. I’m guessing its more on Pelotons side to add an Airplay type output to their Bike+ software. Until then, I added the Sonos Port as well, and now have fully amplified audio from the Bike+. https://ward1.com/2021/03/peloton-x-sonos/

ward1 - I love that setup - is there a reason why you need the amp and the port to connect everything? I would love to do something similar with my peloton bike as well

Badge +2

@StarkFE There is no other wayto get the audio out from the Peloton Bike + into the Sonos network without it. The casting abilities of the Peloton software is awful and inconsistent.

@StarkFEThere is no other wayto get the audio out from the Peloton Bike + into the Sonos network without it. The casting abilities of the Peloton software is awful and inconsistent.

The roam is a much cheaper option to accomplish this. You use the roam in Bluetooth mode with the Peloton and add the other speakers you want from your system in the app.

Badge +2

@WoodwardPizzaCo  :thumbsup_tone2: Definitely an option I agree, although I tried it with my Move and was unhappy with the Bluetooth stability. I went the route of the Port before the Roam was available.