PC Keyboard Media Key integration

• 20 November 2017
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
Is there any way to get Windows to see the Sonos controller app as a media player so the dedicated media keys on many keyboards can be used? The keyboard shortcuts already available are not as convenient as the dedicated Play/Pause, Next Track etc. keys I already have. Also, they only work when the Sonos app has the focus. If I'm reading or playing a game I can't use the keyboard shortcuts. If you could make the Sonos app respond to media keys it would be very convenient.

Thanks.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Badge
They work if you have focus on teh desktop controller, but I wish they would work the way the other media apps do! I just posted about this too. 🙂 https://en.community.sonos.com/controllers-software-228995/keyboard-play-button-only-works-if-desktop-controller-has-focus-6807840
Userlevel 1
Badge
Actually, I always have the main app minimized, and use the album cover popup window to control the Sonos speakers in my office. The media keys don't work on that popup even when it has focus, only the main app.
Badge
All the more reason to fix it!
This is such a great idea. They don't work for me even if the app is focused, and that limited functionality would be useless to me anyway. Windows 10 Home 1803 v17134.523