Answered

On this iPhone going away

• 13 July 2019
  • 6 replies

So if this is going away and I have the Amp how am I supposed to play my music on the Amp without subscribing to a music service without a home computer? Seems ridiculous
icon

Best answer by Misfit 13 July 2019, 00:15

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13
If only there were multiple threads talking about this, or a support article that mentioned it.

Support articles:
Removing the 'On this iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch' feature

Using AirPlay with Sonos

Using Line-In on Sonos

Community Announcement:
Upcoming changes to ‘On this iPhone or iPad’ Playback
The Amp is Airplay capable. Use Airplay.
Userlevel 7
Badge +18
What! They’re taking away “On this iPhone”?

How dare they?

Is anyone complaining about this?

Is there a class action lawsuit being prepared?

Can I get a refund for my speakers?

What other questions have been raised - and answered - in other threads on this subject?
I misspoke when I posted, I have the Connect Amp so I cannot use AirPlay. I have to find a streaming music forum or purchase an Airport Express to use AirPlay. Awesome. Spend more money.
Userlevel 7
Badge +18
It’s still been covered in other threads. But the most popular solution seems to be a free Google Play Music account.
I misspoke when I posted, I have the Connect Amp so I cannot use AirPlay. I have to find a streaming music forum or purchase an Airport Express to use AirPlay. Awesome. Spend more money.

Nope. You can house your library on a PC, Plex, or Google Play Music for free.