Question

old system - how to upgrade?

• 15 November 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi, I’ve had my Sonos since about 2006/2007 and have it set up in 3 rooms with the old bridge system, there is nothing wrong with it but I would like to add a couple more rooms. How do I do this with the new system? 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Hiddles.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. I understand where you’re coming from, let me help you out.

I would like to recommend first going through these FAQs to better understand and before contacting our sales team @+18006802345 option 4, once you are decided.

1. Sonos S2 compatibility - to know what devices work with s1 only, s2 only,  or can both work with either s1 and s2 Sonos App.

2. Set up separate S1 and S2 Sonos systems - to know what to do if you have an S1 only and S2 only capable Sonos devices.

3. Known limitations with separate S1 and S2 Sonos systems - to have an idea of what can and cannot be done with having a split system.

4. Upgrade Program - what to take advantage of, for having old/legacy Sonos devices.

I hope this helps.

Please let us know if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,