Answered

Old Play:1

• 7 September 2021
  • 5 replies

I’ve been trying to find a way of disposing of a Play:1 any other way than binning it. It doesn’t come up on my account to apply for an upgrade and don’t mind. Just want to dispose of it thoughtfully.

icon

Best answer by buzz 7 September 2021, 04:45

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

Most cities/counties have a way to safely and responsibly dispose of electronic equipment. Oftentimes it will require you to take it to a recycling facility. Google “electronic waste disposal (your city/county)” and you should find some information.

If the PLAY:1 is operating, it should show up in your account. If not, you can have SONOS support add it to your account. Start the process by submitting a diagnostic and record the confirmation number.

If you want to recycle, many stores, such as Best Buy and Staples have a recycle bin.

I’ve been trying to find a way of disposing of a Play:1 any other way than binning it. It doesn’t come up on my account to apply for an upgrade and don’t mind. Just want to dispose of it thoughtfully.

Can you not gift it to someone? Notwithstanding that it is obsolete in the Sonos universe it is still an excellent music maker, able to play from the many good streaming services out there.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

How is the Play:1 obsolete? It is replaced by the One SL, but it still works……

I still use my PLAY:1s as surround speakers with my Arc. They’re all on S2, but my friend is still running his PLAY:1s on S1.