No Return Label

• 29 October 2020
  • 4 replies

After chatting with a Sonos rep on Sunday 10/25/2020, it was discovered through diagnostics that the WiFi card in my Sub (Gen 3) is faulty. I had only had the Sub for two weeks. I received an RMA email stating I’d receive a return label within 24 hours but did not come.  

I followed up via chat on Tuesday 10/27/2020 and was told it was coming. But it didn’t. 

I called Sonos on Wednesday 10/28/2020. Again, I was told I was in the queue and to expect it later that day. Nothing. 

So here I am, Thursday 10/29/2020 trying yet another channel hoping to find someone who can generate a return label. 

Is there anyone out there that can help? 

… BTW I have seen that this seems to be a shared experience across customers. WHY Sonos?!?! What is so hard about generating a return label with UPS? I’ve gone from a very satisfied customer to being pretty pissed off. Not sure I’ll be purchasing any other Sonos speakers. There is too much competition out there and experience matters too much to fail at an essential part of customer journey like this. If it is this hard to generate a return label, I’m very worried about Sonos’ ability to process the return and send me an actual working product in a reasonable timeframe. 

Outside of emailing the CEO, reporting to BBB and taking my frustration to social media channels I’m not sure what else to do.   

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @WeBSpinnin.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community I totally understand where you're coming from and I’m here to help.

I would like to recommend calling back our customer phone support so that they can process the return label right away.

They have more access than we are here in the community.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

@Mark P thank you for the response! I really appreciate it! I did call the 800-680-2345 number yesterday and was told the same thing by the person over the phone as the chat’s that I’ve been on Tuesday and now today. Today I asked to be escalated to a manager per a chat but have yet to receive an email or phone call.

I’ll call the number again as you suggested but I’m skeptical at this point. 

Can you offer any insight into why this is happening or if there is something larger going on? can’t figure out if I’m stuck in a unique black hole or if this is a systemic problem occurring because of supply chain difficulties or some other reason.  

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @WeBSpinnin.

Welcome, thank you for reaching back to Sonos Community.

To be honest with you the phone support would be your best choice with comes to dealing with delayed or no return label.

I felt bad about dealing with this issue since it should be an easy fix but sometimes it takes several days for the customer to get what they need.

Probably the best advice I can suggest calling them directly especially in at morning since they still need to escalate this to their management.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

@Mark P I appreciate you trying to support. I called again this morning. Spoke to a very nice CSA named Roxanne. Same result. She had to go to a “back office team” that processes returns and they gave her the same answer that I’ve gotten every day for 6 days now regardless of chat, email or phone call. They say “I’m in the queue and will be sent later today.” 

As of 3:47pm Central Time, still no label. 

I plan to file a report with BBB, email the CEO (and any other email address I can find) and take to social channels. Outside of that, I don’t know what else to do.