No replacements for speakers Out of warranty -> only a 30% discount coupon

For all products outside of warranty, Sonos offers only a 30% discount coupon to be used on single item on Sonos.com, no more replacement speakers.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Wondered what all the mail spam was today, luckily for me I bought all my sonos from a dealer with a 6 year guarantee 👍

That’s still relatively generous, in my opinion. Most companies would just say ‘too bad’ when a device is out of its warranty period. When’s the last time I got a 30% discount from Dell when replacing an older computer?

I thought that’s why some people choose to opt for ‘extended warranty’ insurance cover, or as @skullc mentions, why it may sometimes pay to take a closer look at a retailers ‘extended warranty’ offer at the time of purchase. 

In some Countries, it appears it’s not usually too difficult to find a retailer extended warranty offer between 2 and 6 years for some electrical items, like Sonos, but then don’t expect any sort of discount on top of such an offer… I certainly think extended warranties however are often worth that extra ‘peace of mind’.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

@Ken_Griffiths i got 10% off plus 6 year guarantee after I had bought just 1 product 👍

For all products outside of warranty, Sonos offers only a 30% discount coupon to be used on single item on Sonos.com, no more replacement speakers.

So, what is the definition of “outside of warranty” in your world?

@Ken_Griffiths i got 10% off plus 6 year guarantee after I had bought just 1 product 👍

Sounds like you did okay.👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Costco and Amazon both will sell you a decent extended warranty on your Sonos. I don’t think you even need to buy it from them.

Carefully check the warranty company, some are scams or have rules you’ll never be able to meet.