Answered

New Sonos Move turns itself on and drains battery

• 5 December 2019
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Why does my Sonos Move turn itself on? I use it sparingly, but often notice that it is not “offline”, even though I don’t intend to use it.

icon

Best answer by Ryan S 2 January 2020, 18:41

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Hi Clarke, if it’s just in standby mode, the unit will wake up whenever you open up the app, and from time to time in general. Have you tried turning it off by holding the power button for 5-10 seconds until you hear a chime sound?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Yes, I am aware of that method to power it off. But it seems that it can wake up even after I turn it off off as you say (hearing the Chime sound). Without me doing anything to “wake it”. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Thanks for confirming. Do you think you could send a diagnostic using the steps here the next time this happens and post the confirmation number? I’ll pass it up to the team to look into.

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

For the sake of keeping the discussion in one place, I’ve moved some posts to this thread. I’m going to close this thread and we can keep the discussion going in one place all together.