New Arc update is horrible

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

New update to the Arc has lowered the overall volume of my system. What used to be a volume setting  at 35 is now at 50. I didn’t want the update but forced to do it. This update is absolutely horrible. Get your “” together Sonos before you force your changes on the customers that support your business. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

35 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

So your only gripe with this update is that the number that is shown in the app representing volume is higher? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

So your only gripe with this update is that the number that is shown in the app representing volume is higher? 

It shows how much more the volume has to be turned up to be where it was before this update . Many are complaining on same issue..…..easy to figure out 🙄

Badge +1

Besides having to turn it up more, how’s the audio itself once it is turned up?

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Besides having to turn it up more, how’s the audio itself once it is turned up?

It's awful like a different make 

To much mid low bass grating treble 

Badge

Can the update be removed. I’ve heard so many complaints on this. Also does it take effect once you try play it. 

No, Sonos has never, so far, provided any way to roll back their software. It’s been a request many times, but so far, there has only been forward movement, and never backward. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

No, Sonos has never, so far, provided any way to roll back their software. It’s been a request many times, but so far, there has only been forward movement, and never backward. 

But I think 90% of the ARC user won’t think it’s a forward movement this time… Correct me if I’m wrong.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Sonos will never allow an earlier firmware to be reinstalled no matter how bad they've messed it up.

At the end of the day all your equipment is at their mercy (probably part of the user agreement).

Sonos will never allow an earlier firmware to be reinstalled no matter how bad they've messed it up.

At the end of the day all your equipment is at their mercy (probably part of the user agreement).

Sonos has listened to customer complaints and responded with releases that corrected those complaints dozens of times.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Maybe Sonos want their customer keeping their expectations all the time... When everything is good, the customers expect on new products. When no new product to expect, they ruin a system that used to be good and annoy the customers... then they all have to expect for a fix and feel very happy when things are back to normal😑

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hoping Sonos really understands the drop out of their quality sound experience and will give * **** to turn it back for us. I have spoken to support several time, been send mails to the Sonos CEO, but for now..nothing. 

Moderator edit: Language, see Terms & Conditions

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@Dogdad If you need to turn the volume up further as before, you just do so. Why is this a problem?

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

The problem is that the whole system is lacking power and sound as experience. Sonos was known that delivers both. Yes, we have turned the volume to the max. But there is no bass, there is not even close to the things we used to listen as sound delivered by Sonos.Thats the problem.Unfulfilled promises with two words.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@Dogdad If you need to turn the volume up further as before, you just do so. Why is this a problem?

Some may think if we used to set the volume at 40%, then just set it at 70% for now and everything is the same… but some others including myself, may think that the system is become less powerful as before, and it’s some kind of worse off especially as we have paid for the system that used to be powerful.

Of course we may not have to set the volume level to 70 to 80% to fill the room, but psychologically just feel that it should be like that, and then feel uncomfortable.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

It's not just the volume level with truplay on there's hardly any bass to much midrange and grating treble.

Turn truplay off and you can tweak it to get something you can listen to but the sound signature has changed into something that is not good and it affects all my sonos speakers not just the arc 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Strange that it is almost a week and Sonos are not delivering update that will fix the things.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Strange that it is almost a week and Sonos are not delivering update that will fix the things.

Last bad update took nearly 2 months to fix😩

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Last bad update took nearly 2 months to fix😩

A lot of hopes that to be sooner and the update himself to work like a charm:)

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Why are you even in this conversation..don’t worry about my concerns

Userlevel 1
Badge

This update is horrible. My system has lost the power and clarity it once had and the bass sounds completely off. I loved the sound on the previous firmware and really hope Sonos returns the previous sound profile. I hope more users will complain about this so something gets done.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Sonos has listened to customer complaints and responded with releases that corrected those complaints dozens of times.

The problem is though they are fixing faults they have caused themselves unfortunately, and not in a timely manner most of the time.

I love the hardware but it's the "updates" that are causing all the problems for some people unfortunately.

The surround dropout saga was very badly handled imho.

The problem is though they are fixing faults they have caused themselves unfortunately, and not in a timely manner most of the time.

I love the hardware but it's the "updates" that are causing all the problems for some people unfortunately.

The surround dropout saga was very badly handled imho.

Nothing to do with my point, but nice move of the goalpost. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

What exactly was your point then?. 

What exactly was your point then?. 

You made it sound as if Sonos never responds to customer complaints, that you are “at their mercy” when something goes wrong.  Which is nonsense.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Just look at the 14.06 and this 14.12 update. Fix one thing (that a Sonos update caused) then break another.

People were elated that their Arc surround systems were finally "fixed' then a week or two later it all starts again..