Answered

Music played from iOS device craps out

• 17 October 2018
  • 3 replies

New to Sonos but understand that playing music off my iPhone 6S is a problem with my Sonos home entertainment system installed in our new house. Music stops and jumps to another song or stops all together. A real pain in the butt. Streaming Sirius, Pandora, Amazon...not an issue. I’ve read similar posts from a month ago. Any updates on this topic?
icon

Best answer by Jeff S 17 October 2018, 23:24

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Blame Apple, it's their fault. Sonos is doing everything possible to rectify, but getting Apple to change they way they want to do things is close to impossible.
I cannot believe that this issue has not been fixed. Unacceptable. Someone should surely be fired if this can’t be resolved. Equipment is unusable.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
New to Sonos but understand that playing music off my iPhone 6S is a problem with my Sonos home entertainment system installed in our new house. Music stops and jumps to another song or stops all together. A real pain in the butt. Streaming Sirius, Pandora, Amazon...not an issue. I’ve read similar posts from a month ago. Any updates on this topic?

Hi JeffMW,

Welcome to the community. We're investigating an issue with playback from the storage on iOS devices when there are non-Sonos AirPlay devices on the network and your iOS device goes into auto lock. This is likely related to the recent AirPlay 2 implementation. We'll update this thread when we have more to share from our investigation, but for the meantime you have a few options to get music streaming again.

First, you can disable AirPlay on any non-Sonos device on your network. Another option is to disable auto lock on your iOS device in its settings menu under display and brightness. A third option would be to sync your music to the iTunes on a computer, then set up a music share. This will allow your Sonos system to play your music library even when your phone is locked, AirPlay devices are online, or if your iOS device leaves the network.