Mini SUB for around £400

• 21 November 2018
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
I recently bought a Beam for my living room and a pair of ONES for my kitchen.

I’d love to add a bit of bass to both setups but the current SUB at £699 seems both expensive and excessive for both applications.

A ‘Mini SUB’ priced at around £399 would be perfect for me.

I feel like the current offering has the size and power to be paired with something like the Playbar or a pair of Play:3 speakers.

The Beam or a pair of ONES just doesn’t have the power to keep up with the current SUB so I can’t bring myself to buy one because I feel like it is too big and too much money for what’s my needs are.

I can’t be the only one in this position. Please make me a little SUB. Thanks.

PS: If the Play:5 has Alexa integration then I’d have bought that for my kitchen.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5
Hi, Paddy. We are not in the habit of divulging future plans but we will be sure to pass along this feedback for you. Let us know if you need anything else. Many thanks.
Yes, please pass the feedback
Userlevel 2
Badge +5
I recently bought a Beam for my living room and a pair of ONES for my kitchen.

I’d love to add a bit of bass to both setups but the current SUB at £699 seems both expensive and excessive for both applications.

A ‘Mini SUB’ priced at around £399 would be perfect for me.

I feel like the current offering has the size and power to be paired with something like the Playbar or a pair of Play:3 speakers.

The Beam or a pair of ONES just doesn’t have the power to keep up with the current SUB so I can’t bring myself to buy one because I feel like it is too big and too much money for what’s my needs are.

I can’t be the only one in this position. Please make me a little SUB. Thanks.

PS: If the Play:5 has Alexa integration then I’d have bought that for my kitchen.

As per this reddit thread a survey was sent out, hope Sonos makes a smaller Sub to pair with Beam

https://www.reddit.com/r/sonos/comments/ae9n40/some_interesting_items_in_sonos_survey_today/

The Beam or a pair of ONES just doesn’t have the power to keep up with the current SUB ...

The SUB's output level is adjustable. Cutoff frequencies vary depending on the paired zone player model.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, Paddy. We are not in the habit of divulging future plans but we will be sure to pass along this feedback for you. Let us know if you need anything else. Many thanks.