Question

Message from Patrick Spence

• 24 January 2020
  • 2 replies

I was shocked to receive his first e mail on 1/21 that our legacy products would no longer receive software updates. If you are like me you have been purchasing these products over time. A substantial investment. I was glad to see his “back track” on 1/23 explaining that they would not “Brick Them” (not sure what that means) and force them into obsolescence. I am still suspicious of his statement that they would continue to support our products “for as long as possible”. I have invested a considerable amount in this system and would have thought twice if I knew this when I bought them. If in fact they do eventually plan to phase them (Legacy Products) out, any existing customer that invested with them should be given the chance to purchase updated equipment for a lot less than the 30% discount they are offering.I , for one would like a stronger explanation of what they plan to do, a time frame for these plans, and a show of support that for the investors that supported them from the beginning.

2 replies

I was shocked to receive his first e mail on 1/21 that our legacy products would no longer receive software updates. If you are like me you have been purchasing these products over time. A substantial investment. I was glad to see his “back track” on 1/23 explaining that they would not “Brick Them” (not sure what that means) and force them into obsolescence. I am still suspicious of his statement that they would continue to support our products “for as long as possible”. I have invested a considerable amount in this system and would have thought twice if I knew this when I bought them. If in fact they do eventually plan to phase them (Legacy Products) out, any existing customer that invested with them should be given the chance to purchase updated equipment for a lot less than the 30% discount they are offering.I , for one would like a stronger explanation of what they plan to do, a time frame for these plans, and a show of support that for the investors that supported them from the beginning.

Good evening Mr. Spence - just read your email response and was very pleased to see you as CEO - step up and own it around the legacy kerfuffle this week.  

We need more CEO’s to act as you have. 

btw: There’s a presidential election this fall - ever think about running?

Thank you - Karl Berry / Denver