Main website does not like Windows Firefox

• 7 August 2022
  • 5 replies

See the image. The site is so slow and image heavy on a Gigabit connection that Firefox simply gives up and displays what has been loaded so far.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

See the image. The site is so slow and image heavy on a Gigabit connection that Firefox simply gives up and displays what has been loaded so far.

Loads fine for me on my dial up pipe. Probably a local network issue. You should try rebooting all your devices starting with your router. 

I kid.

But for real it loads fine in FF for me.

Not seeing a problem here… Any particular page? On 103.0.1

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I see the same problem, looks like either that enormous ridiculous video that runs, or the problem with the style sheet.

I quit using Firefox with the Community site a few weeks ago due to too many “Backs” being required (the page history has duplicates added).

It’s sonos.com. I’m using 103.0.1 ISP’s speed test 935/41Mbps. speedtest.net 947/42 Mbps.

I know that some people don’t like FF, but I don’t like Chrome because it is so snoopy. FF is a little better in this respect. BTW, I’m not afraid of Chrome. I just uses it for a limited number of regular sites, such as this one.

It’s sonos.com. I’m using 103.0.1 ISP’s speed test 935/41Mbps. speedtest.net 947/42 Mbps.

I know that some people don’t like FF, but I don’t like Chrome because it is so snoopy. FF is a little better in this respect. BTW, I’m not afraid of Chrome. I just uses it for a limited number of regular sites, such as this one.

I’m now on 103.0.2  My ISP speed is 330/50, although I only get about 140 to my laptop on a wireless connection due to the garbage Draytek router. Still not seeing any problems, though.

I tend to use Opera mainly and Chrome for on-line banking. Firefox and Edge get added in for web page testing.