Lower volume

• 20 March 2019
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Really wish the volume could be turned down lower especially for alarms and low background music

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18
There are limitations on what can be done with a Digital rather than analogue volume control.
Userlevel 3
Badge
I also would like lower volume on play:1 and stereo pair of Play:1. When a pair of play:1 are on a desk the lowest volume is too loud for background music whilst working.
I'd like the minimum volume to be half or 25% of what it is.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
In that case, it is I that misunderstood. In all honesty, I've never found any need to test it, the lowest volume is sufficiently quiet for me. Thank you for the correction.
Userlevel 7
Badge +15
According to Ryan, some months ago, that's not the case?
"This is correct. The minimum volume itself doesn't change, but there's a bit flexibility control the scale at the lower levels. As a very simplistic example, if you set the max volume to 1% and you slide the volume bar up and down, it'll fluctuate from playing at 0% to playing at 1%, but you won't get 0.5% to play. However, if it's set to 10% as max (again, as a bit of a simple example), it'd be easier to get between the lower audio levels."
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Yes. Oversimplified example with arbitrary numbers:
Without this setting, the maximum volume is 100%. You can change it in 10 increments of 10%. The lowest possible volume being 10%.
With this setting at 70%, there are still 10 increments but they are each 7%. The lowest possible volume being 7%.

EDIT: Please see sjw's remarks below, this is actually not the case.
Userlevel 7
Badge +15
Does that change the minimum volume Edward?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, gazzer01278. Welcome to the community. This article may be of some use to you. Let us know how you get on. Many thanks.