Lower volume

• 20 March 2019
  • 7 replies

Really wish the volume could be turned down lower especially for alarms and low background music

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi, gazzer01278. Welcome to the community. This article may be of some use to you. Let us know how you get on. Many thanks.
Userlevel 6
Badge +13
Does that change the minimum volume Edward?
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Yes. Oversimplified example with arbitrary numbers:
Without this setting, the maximum volume is 100%. You can change it in 10 increments of 10%. The lowest possible volume being 10%.
With this setting at 70%, there are still 10 increments but they are each 7%. The lowest possible volume being 7%.

EDIT: Please see sjw's remarks below, this is actually not the case.
Userlevel 6
Badge +13
According to Ryan, some months ago, that's not the case?
"This is correct. The minimum volume itself doesn't change, but there's a bit flexibility control the scale at the lower levels. As a very simplistic example, if you set the max volume to 1% and you slide the volume bar up and down, it'll fluctuate from playing at 0% to playing at 1%, but you won't get 0.5% to play. However, if it's set to 10% as max (again, as a bit of a simple example), it'd be easier to get between the lower audio levels."
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
In that case, it is I that misunderstood. In all honesty, I've never found any need to test it, the lowest volume is sufficiently quiet for me. Thank you for the correction.
I also would like lower volume on play:1 and stereo pair of Play:1. When a pair of play:1 are on a desk the lowest volume is too loud for background music whilst working.
I'd like the minimum volume to be half or 25% of what it is.
Userlevel 5
Badge +10
There are limitations on what can be done with a Digital rather than analogue volume control.