Answered

Lost Playlists when switching to new router

• 9 November 2018
  • 1 reply

Hello,
I am tech challenged and I have 2 Sonos One speakers which I control with my phone and a tablet. Recently my phone broke and was replaced...I also changed wireless so have a new router and service. The problem is that I have lost all my playlists stored with my Sonos system and am unsure how to restore/find them. On my phone, I have a new Sonos App, and just set up my 2 Speakers by "factory resetting" them as instructed on a youtube video. They then were found and reattached as new speakers and are working again. Are the playlists stored IN the speakers? If so, have I lost them forever by resetting? I assumed that my tablet, which has not changed, was storing the playlists but find that it needed to search and find my "New"system and shows no playlists as well...:(

My playlists were sourced primarily from my Amazon Prime Music account, but no personal stored music files. If lost, how can i prevent losing all these hours of creating playlists I have set up in the future?

Many Thanks!
icon

Best answer by jgatie 9 November 2018, 18:00

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Unfortunately, what the YouTube video didn't tell you is a factory reset wipes all account info, services, music library, favorites, and playlists from the unit. Factory resetting all units effectively resets the entire system, and there is no way you can get it back.

As a note, there is never a real need to factory reset, and certainly no need to factory reset an entire system. Next time you change routers, simply connect one Sonos to the router via Ethernet and change the WiFi credentials. Then deploy wirelessly.