Answered

Logging out

• 21 February 2017
  • 39 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18
In the new Dutch and French communities the systems keeps logging me out. Every time I enter the forum I have to log in. A forum problem?
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 22 February 2017, 19:16

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

39 replies

How often do you need to log in?

It seems to log me out when I close the browser - never used to.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
How often do you need to log in?

It seems to log me out when I close the browser - never used to.

Do you also use Firefox?
Do you also use Firefox?

I use Opera...
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Do you also use Firefox?

I use Opera...

Ok, thanks. The latest version too?

We're looking into it. I agree, you shouldn't have to log in every time you close your browser, assuming you've checked the "remember me" when you log in.
I'm getting the same issue on my tablets (Samsung Tab A 10.1" and 8") using Chrome. Doesn't happen ever time, but almost every time I reopen the browser. It does remember my username/password when I go to the login page.
Ok, thanks. The latest version too?

44.0.2510.857 (PGO)

Like jgatie, the username and password is bought up when I try and log in, with the 'remember me' box already ticked - but closing the browser logs me out.
There is zero consistency to this.

Chrome on Win8.1 doesn't persist any logins between invokations (though does remember username/password locally).
ChromeOS persists a login until a reboot (rather as expected since the browser doesn't exit), but loses login when one switches between main and beta sites unless the latter is opened in an incognito window. (Again it stores user/pass locally).
And yet Moto G phone persists login to both main and beta sites simultaneously. Go figure.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Thanks for the details guys. That really helps. I'll circle back with you if I hear anything or we need any more details. I know it gets frustrating, but we'll see if anything can be done here. I'm sure it's difficult sometimes finding a happy medium between security and convenience, but there may be an issue here that can be sorted too.
Userlevel 5
Badge +8
I've tested using internet explorer and it does the same as when using Firefox for me. It remembers my username but I have to enter my password again if I close the browser and re-open.
Thanks for the details guys. That really helps. I'll circle back with you if I hear anything or we need any more details. I know it gets frustrating, but we'll see if anything can be done here. I'm sure it's difficult sometimes finding a happy medium between security and convenience, but there may be an issue here that can be sorted too.
5 months on, and still having to log on every single time....
When is this going to be fixed, please?
5 months on, and still having to log on every single time....
When is this going to be fixed, please?

Bump
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
the same annoyance applies also when switching between the beta community site and the main (en) community also
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
the same annoyance applies also when switching between the beta community site and the main (en) community also
Hey guys, I hear you, I have to do the same.

The way InSided handles communities they're all separate instances, so you have to log into each one separately, and that also makes you log out of one to move over to the other.

I'll pass up another request to them on this one, but I can't speak to if the behavior could change, or when that might be possible.
The way InSided handles communities they're all separate instances, so you have to log into each one separately, and that also makes you log out of one to move over to the other.
OK, but I'm not switching instances - every time I close the browser, I'm logged out, Never used to happen before the changes...