LiveXLive service has suddenly stop work on my entire Sonos platform - 1/27/2022 2:20PM EST

• 27 January 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +4

15+ Sonos devices, all hard wired. 10 of which are the newest Sonos Amps. The connection to LiveXLive is suddenly broken. No issues with the LiveXLive app itself or LiveXLive in a browser. Just wanted to report this, in case this roots with the Sonos UI. 

Thanks!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Wouldn’t surprise me if they, like most streamers, use a different server for Sonos, since it requires a slightly different API than the servers that feed their own app, or website. Might also help Sonos if you were to submit a diagnostic, so they could see the exact error….on the offhand chance it’s not LiveXLive, but a local issue with your Sonos install. 

Badge +4

@Airgetlam You know what’s funny, & to your point? I sent an error report to Sonos soon after I initially read your response. Then maybe about 10 mins after that, it all started to work again. Makes me think about how you mentioned the streaming services have dedicated servers for Sonos. Then envisioning that someone at LiveXLive accidentally tripped on the power cord to that server & temp took it out. Haha. So I think the outage was really only 30 mins in total. Either a server crashed, or got rebooted, or who knows what. Non issue now though! Thanks!

Nick 

Glad it worked out quickly for you.

That’s always been one of my fears being in server rooms, but fortunately, the techie folks who run them have always routed those power cords away from my clumsy feet. I’m not quite as meticulous at home as they are in their data centers :)

And frankly most of the “major” outages I’ve been part of have not been on “our” side (I don’t work for Sonos) , but external to the servers, such as errant DNS issues not propagating quickly enough. Although I was part of a downtime for almost a week on one game, years ago. That one was definitely our fault.

Sonos actually has it pretty good….most of their content doesn’t ever go through the Sonos ecosystem, until the point at which it hits the speakers to be played. The source is almost always someone else’s server stream (Some Sonos HD radio stuff being the exception). 

I tend to think of my Sonos system like a TV set. They can play/tune to all the different channels, but they never “own” the content, just like your TV manufacturer never owns HBO’s content, but just tunes to a signal that it plays.