Answered

Line-in option is no longer on my Sonos app

• 2 November 2019
  • 20 replies

The line-in option is not showing up on the Sonos app. 

icon

Best answer by pwt 27 December 2019, 14:19

I’m having the same issue. Line in disappeared. Rebooted then it appeared, however has gone again this morning. Software issue. Must be. 

Not necessarily.

Also, do check the Line-In cable and the connections. Note that the Line-In option will only appear if there’s a cable attached to the Line-In inputs. A defective cable could cause the Line-In option to appear/disappear. I’d try a different cable as an experiment.

View original

20 replies

Line-In sources don’t appear unless there’s something physically plugged into the player(s) in question.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Line-in only shows if there is something physically connected to the line-in ports.  Assuming this is the case, it’s either a temporary glitch, or a physical problem. Number one rule of troubleshooting for years has always been check cables first.

1. Restart the device
  2. unplug and replug both ends of the cables
  3.  Replace cables. 

Line in shows when a cable is plugged in. There doesn't have to be a device on the end of it.

Thanks. Cables are plugged in. Disconnected and reconnected.

I now realized my Sonos Connect has disappeared from the app. and from settings it won't allow me to add another product (grayed out).

Don’t re-add it, please. Instead, unplug all your Sonos devices from power, then reboot your router. When the router comes back up, plug everything back in, including the CONNECT, and see if it shows up again in your controller. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

There is a Find Missing Product option under Settings, System. You may need to scroll down to see it. 

The find missing product tab is grayed out so I can't use it...

Hi have been getting the same issue.

have a turntable going through an amp to a CONNECT all used to work fine 

have tried cleaning and re-inserting the RCA cables

have rebooted my rooter - this helped as I could see Line-in again briefly but line-in now disappeared again 

have wired the CONNECT to the router 

diagnostic # is 1926048047

thanks 

Just had a similar experience.  I opened the app after a week. Line-in was present.  Played a CD. I changed the CD and Line-in has disappeared again. Could this be a glitch in the app.?

Reset the router but no Line-in connection.

It’s possible that’s it’s an app issue, but if it were, I’d think there’d be a lot more people with the same issue posting, rather than just you two.

Which makes me wonder if it’s a hardware issue on your devices. I’d certainly recommend that rather than posting here in the Sonos community, you might want to contact [url=https://www.sonos.com/contact/contact-options%23]Sonos Support[/url] directly to discuss it.

I suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available because they're on the phone with you, but they are only available Monday through Friday during business hours. Both the Twitter and Facebook support folks are available 24/7.

That being said, it would be lovely if you would let us know when you get this figured out, so that we can all learn from your experience.

Thanks for the advice.  Phone support is my next step. Will let you know what I find out.

Did you find out what the issue was?

I'm having the same issue with line-in which stopped working all of a sudden.

I verified that the cables are OK. Tried all the other things... 

I went back and forth with on-line support for a couple weeks. We determined the CONNECT unit was defective. Tried to factory reset it but it didn't work. Sonos offered to replace it at a discounted price but I had an extended warranty from the retail store so I was able to replace it.  I only had the original unit 18 months. 

I’m having the same issue. Line in disappeared. Rebooted then it appeared, however has gone again this morning. Software issue. Must be. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Not necessarily.

Also, do check the Line-In cable and the connections. Note that the Line-In option will only appear if there’s a cable attached to the Line-In inputs. A defective cable could cause the Line-In option to appear/disappear. I’d try a different cable as an experiment.

Not necessarily.

Thanks. You were right. I moved house and must have knocked the cables about bit. Not fully in!

Thanks. You were right. I moved house and must have knocked the cables about bit. Not fully in!

I have the exact same issue.  What is the fix?

In the OP’s case, it was plugging the cables in fully. 

Hi, to update on my issue with line-in on the Connect, ended up as a faulty item following an hour with phone support and was returned. Replacement just arrived and all working fine