Question

Is there a way to block specific songs?

• 12 November 2019
  • 3 replies

Feature request: it would be great if we could create a list of songs that could not be played on the Sonos. We use Sonos in our office and some songs get overplayed. Ideally, this list would prevent a song being played through any connected service if requested, and it would skip these songs if they were on a playlist.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

What music services are you using?  Many services now have like/dislike features that allow you better control the frequency that certain songs are playing.

As to your specific feature idea, I’m not sure it can be done effectively at the Sonos software level.  Sonos makes a request to play a specific track, station, playlist, artist, etc...and the service returns the stream. Sonos will get some tags about the current track but doesn’t control the specific track played (when not requesting a specific track).  What you want Sonos to do...an automatic skip?

Thanks Danny – we’re primarily using Spotify, although we have Pandora connected also. That’s a good idea about doing this at the music service level, since it sounds like the Sonos software doesn’t have as much control over the content as I was hoping.

Thanks Danny – we’re primarily using Spotify, although we have Pandora connected also. That’s a good idea about doing this at the music service level, since it sounds like the Sonos software doesn’t have as much control over the content as I was hoping.

I don’t use Spotify, so don’t know the options there, but Pandora does have the like/unlike bottons which do a pretty good job of filtering music.