Is Sonos insinuating whites are better than other races?

• 5 September 2021
  • 5 replies

Why is the race section when signing up for beta test program lists whites first and black last? You can’t even argue they are listed in reverse alphabetical order as they are not. Is sonos trying to insinuate something here? 

5 replies

Badge

Don’t think it’s insinuating anything.  If black or Asian or Latino was first in a list I wouldn’t feel bad about not being first. So perhaps the issue is more with you looking for something to be offended over as opposed Sonos.  

Why is that classification even needed for the question to be asked in the first place? I can get the male female thing - women on the whole tend to look at audio kit very differently than men, and often in a more sensible manner. 

DFTT

Userlevel 7

I wouldn’t read too much into it. Did you have to choose your gender? Was “male” listed before “female” even though the letter F comes before M? Does this mean Sonos is insinuating that men are more superior or more important than women?

I wouldn’t read too much into it. Did you have to choose your gender? Was “male” listed before “female” even though the letter F comes before M? Does this mean Sonos is insinuating that men are more superior or more important than women?

I’m not “woke” or nothing but in light of how USA has portrayed itself in the global plane, it sticks out like a sore thumb. As a result I can’t help but wonder that sonos being an US company is only keeping consistent with the deplorable culture in USA. NGL I am second guessing myself if I want to keep using sonos.