Question

ios

Badge
  • Contributor I
  • 4 replies
Why is sonos getting rid of direct play direct from my iPhone. This is madness, wouldn’t bought sonos if I New this was going to happen. Good luck sonos guess you be getting some rubbish reviews if you go ahead with this change

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18
I heard they were getting rid of it just to upset some users, and for no other reason.

Apparently, they’ve not suggested any workarounds or alternatives, which is pretty poor of them if that’s true.

It seems that no other Sonos owners have stepped up and suggested any free-of-charge solutions either.

Or have I got it wrong?

Oh - that’s right: I have.

Sonos are forced to drop it. They did suggest some alternatives. There is is a free solution, suggested by other users.
It always baffles me that Apple fans can never quite get that Apple is the root cause. Very puzzling.
Best thread (of the many that have been started) for discussion, as well as a great discussion of options to take, both free, and at cost, is here:

https://en.community.sonos.com/announcements-228985/upcoming-changes-to-on-this-iphone-or-ipad-playback-6826585
Badge
Hi chicks,
why do you think it’s apple, if that was the case they would stop access altogether. Sonos says one solution is to buy one of their speaker with air play, so that suggests it’s sonos forcing us to buy yet another speaker, already spent £1000 with Sonos.
Hi chicks,
why do you think it’s apple, if that was the case they would stop access altogether. Sonos says one solution is to buy one of their speaker with air play, so that suggests it’s sonos forcing us to buy yet another speaker, already spent £1000 with Sonos.

Yet other suggestions can be implemented with no cost at all, and they have not eliminated this function from Android devices. It helps to look at all the evidence before assigning nefarious intent.
Userlevel 7
Badge +18
Raz, in my (admittedly rather sarcastically-toned) reply to you yesterday I pointed out that there were no-cost solutions. Did you explore any of them? Did they help?

Airgetlam gave you a link to another thread on this same topic.

It’s all been covered before, if you want solutions.

If if you just want to rant at Sonos, by all means use this post as a catalyst to go again.
Badge
Obviously a sonos employee chicks
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
@raz I get that you are upset about the removal of this function. Sonos has explained that this is a problem caused by Apple. However, when people are trying to help you by pointing out that the function is not coming back and that there are solutions out there, they are not “Sonos employee chicks” but helpful human beings. You could thank them....
Sonos employees are marked as such.
Badge
I think you will find sonos is removing this feature because it openly admits it favours air play, which strangely enough is only found on newest version of speakers, strange that!
Userlevel 7
Badge +18
I think you will find sonos is removing this feature because it openly admits it favours air play, which strangely enough is only found on newest version of speakers, strange that!

Raz, you seem to be ignoring my question: has any of the alternatives put forward by other Sonos owners in other threads helped you? Or are you not looking for a solution?
Obviously a sonos employee chicks

Lol. Nope. You're obviously someone who's not looking for a solution to this Apple-caused issue, but would rather just bitch and moan. Typical Apple fanboy. Sigh.