Increasingly poor community system

• 19 May 2019
  • 8 replies

As I haven't seen anyone else mention it, maybe it's just me, so this is all purely IMHO.
The last system wasn't good, compared with the old forum system run by users, but this one seems even worse. Huge icons, so much wasted screen area - I'd imagine that it's designed for phone use, which makes it rather irritating on anything more capable - e.g. even a bog standard laptop. I have to page down two or three times just to get to the forums.
IIRC, the last version displayed the latest activity in each forum - this seems to have disappeared. So instead of simply scrolling down to see whether or not it might be worth visiting a forum, I'd now have to go into each forum just to see whether anything has changed. This is not going to happen, so I can't really see me visiting much in the future other than for a specific reason.
I have to say, I've watched many companies change their software through time, and yours is the only company I've seen that get's consistently worse, rather than better. Your controller/player software crippling can be excused to a degree due to the hardware requirements of old kit, but there can't be a similar excuse on this type of platform, surely?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

I suppose there has to be some method in the madness, hard as it may be to discern to the great unwashed users like us.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Well I for one have noticed a significant reduction in posting since this change. I'm not bothering to check most of the sub-forums because it's impossible to tell if there are new posts as mentioned. Have you seen how few posts have ben posted to the Google Assistant announcement? I thought there was a lot of people wanting the judging by the complaints. But there has only been a handful of comments on that thread.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
New posts can be found if you are willing to just start clicking stuff at random until you find the hidden option.

New posts can be found if you are willing to just start clicking stuff at random until you find the hidden option.

TFT... However, it doesn't seem to show which sub-forum the post is from, so I'd still have to read them all to see whether or not I'm vaguely interested in them. I usually ignore any forums that I'm not interested in - e.g. anything to do with voice control, latest software, announcements etc

New posts can be found if you are willing to just start clicking stuff at random until you find the hidden option.TFT... However, it doesn't seem to show which sub-forum the post is from, so I'd still have to read them all to see whether or not I'm vaguely interested in them. I usually ignore any forums that I'm not interested in - e.g. anything to do with voice control, latest software, announcements etc

See screenshot.

New posts can be found if you are willing to just start clicking stuff at random until you find the hidden option.TFT... However, it doesn't seem to show which sub-forum the post is from, so I'd still have to read them all to see whether or not I'm vaguely interested in them. I usually ignore any forums that I'm not interested in - e.g. anything to do with voice control, latest software, announcements etc
See screenshot.

Don't remember that being there before, but OK....

Still messy, though.
It's amusing to watch Insided as they learn how to write forum software, lol. I'm not sure what they offer than Sonos bought, but it must be something behind the scenes, like reporting and marketing tie-ins, unseen by us.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
At least we can see what page of a list or topic we are on today!

I pretty much look at everything so the Active Since Last Visit is my usual starting point.