Answered

I want to know who's responsible…

• 1 December 2021
  • 21 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

So, exactly who the hell was it that thought it was a good idea that the volume bars in the app now have numbers? It's taking me twice as long to get the volume right…and of course I simply cannot have anything like 22 or 36, because they aren’t divisible by 5 are they. 🤬

icon

Best answer by James L. 1 December 2021, 13:37

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

21 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

… and don’t get me started on that lovely haptic feedback.  I just cant leave that damn slider alone now :joy::wink:

des goûts et des couleurs, on ne discute pas” :grin:  I recall a user’s request to have the numbers in the volume bars for the alarm volume settings 

I love it..!! - just leave the ‘numbers’ alone.

Badge +17

I might have had some small part in that :sweat_smile:

Adding numbers to the volume bar was something I suggested when I first joined the company and have occasionally nudged various people for, so I’m very happy they’re here :smile:

I’m glad you’re enjoying it :wink:

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

:rofl:

des goûts et des couleurs, on ne discute pas” :grin:  I recall a user’s request to have the numbers in the volume bars for the alarm volume settings 

This feature has been requested by several users on this forum.  However, that cannot be the explanation, because, as we are so often told on these pages, Sonos never listens to its customers.

Edit: just saw @James L. ‘s post!

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

“I am not a number”, but my Sonos volume is! 

Userlevel 7

OK….l agree with the OP.  Let’s get rid of the numbers. Instead when the volume reaches certain levels have continuous scroller stages that read:

1.YOUR VOLUME IS OK

2. POSSIBLE EAR DAMAGE 

3. NEIGHBOR ALERT

4. TURN THE VOLUME DOWN IDIOT

I’m on the latest release and I’m not seeing this.  I assume it’s iOS only? 

Is this an Apple only change or am I missing an app update?  I’m on android and don’t see it.  Not complaining, just asking. :grinning:

I’ve switched to using letters instead… 😀

Badge +17

Is this an Apple only change or am I missing an app update?  I’m on android and don’t see it.  Not complaining, just asking. :grinning:

iOS only for the moment, Android will be coming in a future release :slight_smile:

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Adding numbers to the volume bar was something I suggested when I first joined the company and have occasionally nudged various people for, so I’m very happy they’re here :smile:

Thanks for putting your hand up @James L. While my post was partially in jest, real OCD is no joke for the sufferer. A couple of lines of code to put an option to turn this feature (and perhaps others) on and off in the settings would be easy, and might just stop someone’s genuine angst. We do a lot these days to accommodate diversity, and mental health might just be one area of consideration.

Thanks for putting your hand up @James L. While my post was partially in jest, real OCD is no joke for the sufferer. A couple of lines of code to put an option to turn this feature (and perhaps others) on and off in the settings would be easy, and might just stop someone’s genuine angst. We do a lot these days to accommodate diversity, and mental health might just be one area of consideration.

really? you want to ‘ZEN’-atise the Sonos App :joy: let us talk about the colours and the fonts and ….

iOS only for the moment, Android will be coming in a future release :slight_smile:

A clear sign that Sonos loves Apple and hates Android !!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for putting your hand up @James L. While my post was partially in jest, real OCD is no joke for the sufferer. A couple of lines of code to put an option to turn this feature (and perhaps others) on and off in the settings would be easy, and might just stop someone’s genuine angst. We do a lot these days to accommodate diversity, and mental health might just be one area of consideration.

I was going to say that the configuration might be a little trickier than you think.  Most configure is stored on the devices themselves, not the app.  So the setting would take up space on the devices and would apply to all controllers, not just yours. 

However, I’m not sure that’s the case anymore.  The new Light/Dark mode toggle is essentially the same sort of switch, and would guess that configure is for the app itself, not stored on the speakers.  I haven’t tested that idea though.

And of course, Ken did something to his volume control already, so maybe the switch you want already exists.  However, I can’t verify that since Sonos hates Android!!!!!!!!!!

Additional evidence that adding a feature requested by some will apparently make others angry or unhappy, and generate complaints. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Whenever they make it to Android I’ll appreciate them, it will certainly make balancing several of my groups easier If I can just set them to known numbers to start off with.

Additional evidence that adding a feature requested by some will apparently make others angry or unhappy, and generate complaints. 

Generated sarcasm in this case.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

really? you want to ‘ZEN’-atise the Sonos App :joy: let us talk about the colours and the fonts and ….

Mate, when a company can set up a specific radio channel for Pride month and send it to all and sundry to enjoy, I think they are woke enough to consider other diverse groups in their activities!

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Whenever they make it to Android I’ll appreciate them, it will certainly make balancing several of my groups easier If I can just set them to known numbers to start off with.

As far as I can tell, at the moment there is no way to use the numbers in a meaningful way, such as in presets.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

As far as I can tell, at the moment there is no way to use the numbers in a meaningful way, such as in presets.

Pause your music, set up your group, set each speaker to a volume number based on previous experience, hit play. Then adjust the group volume as needed.

Now on Android, all you can do is the above, but trying to get close to what you want using only the slider’s position.

Folks have been requesting various Group related presets, having pre-set volume levels would be a nice addition if Sonos ever decides to provide them.