Answered

I now need to login to my sonos account to change my room settings on my sonos system? why?

Badge
Contrary to what some people have said here, an account was not always necessary - and now it appears that unless I give Sonos my personal data the system will be deactivated, and now it appears I cannot even change the room settings without logging on. If somebody purchased the system before Sonos started to aggressively collect personal data, then that person should be able to opt out of the data collection. I understand that "updates" might not be available - but for years being able to opt out of "updates" would have been a good thing given the system needed to be reinstalled afeter every (weekly) update and even now the updates are of dubious value and the ones that are of use fix problems that mean the system does not do what it promised (ie work with spotify without dropping).
icon

Best answer by Stuart_W 2 December 2018, 16:03

When you originally set-up your first Sonos speaker you were required to provide your account details or create an account. This has been confirmed by Sonos and the long term users (It certainly is true for me). It's your prerogative to dispute this but it's rather rude.

Now there are a couple of things that could be happening here. 1) You may have purchased a Sonos unit which hadn't been factory reset and already had somebody else's account details. 2) Sonos over the last few months have made it a requirement to login when accessing certain system functions such as adding components. That means it is entirely possible a system went 8 or 9 years without needing a login but now is likely much more regularly.

If you don't like giving Sonos your information then create a Sonos only e-mail and allocate the bare minimum information.

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
When you originally set-up your first Sonos speaker you were required to provide your account details or create an account. This has been confirmed by Sonos and the long term users (It certainly is true for me). It's your prerogative to dispute this but it's rather rude.

Now there are a couple of things that could be happening here. 1) You may have purchased a Sonos unit which hadn't been factory reset and already had somebody else's account details. 2) Sonos over the last few months have made it a requirement to login when accessing certain system functions such as adding components. That means it is entirely possible a system went 8 or 9 years without needing a login but now is likely much more regularly.

If you don't like giving Sonos your information then create a Sonos only e-mail and allocate the bare minimum information.

• :D
    • :?
    • :cool:
    • :S
    • :(
    • :@
    • :$
    • :8
    • :)
    • :P
    • ;)

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings