Answered

how to connect beam to projector

• 17 October 2021
  • 4 replies

Hi,

I am looking for advice how to play my firestick from my projector and play the sound out of my beam? Attached picture of Epson acer projector and bi directional switch I bought. 

Thanks 

Bren 

icon

Best answer by 106rallye 17 October 2021, 23:41

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

I’ve used 45 foot Blue Jeans TOSLINK cables with PLAYBAR.

That should certainly allow you to send a Dolby Digital 5.1 signal via optical to the Beam using the adapter the Beam shipped with. You won’t get Atmos, as a caution.

And still there’s the issue of running all the cables, from where the projector is, to where the Beam is. A long optical cable might be doable, but they’re in different areas of the room, the projector usually behind you, and the speaker normally underneath the screen.  Not terribly close. 

Cool ; really appreciate your guidance here and thanks for replying. I am just about to order this from Amazon so hopefully it works. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/LinkS-SPDIF-Extractor-Converter-Chromecast/dp/B00XJITK7E

Thanks again 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

The Beam needs HDMI-ARC. The projector does not provide it, so the switch won’t help. Optical could be a only solution here, though I do not see it in the picture of your projector. Or you could look into using the HDFURY Arcana.