Question

How Do Run 3 Pairs of Speakers Now - Legacy Issue

• 22 January 2020
  • 0 replies

Hi,

OK all is working fine, and might continue to do so, BUT now that the cat is very much amongst the pigeons, how can I solve my perfectly good working solution?

Currently I have a Connect: AMP feeding 1 pair of speakers in master bedroom, then RCA/phonos out to an old Hi-fi amp driving set of speakers A and set of speakers B.  A & B being ceiling speakers in the bathroom and en-suite.  Efeectively giving us a zone with 3 x pairs of speakers.

I see the new Amp (at a mouthwatering £599/£420 with Trade-in) does not have any RCA/phonos so I can’t even replace my Connect:Amp with a new non legacy piece of kit.

I don’t really want to have to buy a speaker selector/switch as that is yet more ££££’s.

We also now have the issue that many old tablets conveniently used/purchased as a Sonos controller also no longer receive support.  Android 5.0 and Fire 5.0 (I think) being non supported.  That kills 2 of my devices from future updates too.  Mind you, pointless having a tablet/controller that is up to date if rest of system isn’t!

I remember being chuffed to bits having saved up about £800 to buy the first bundles ZP80/ZP100 and CR100 back in 2007.

How come I now feel so empty…….disappointed….angry.

When will this madness end…..(don’t get me started on other rooms).

We need more details.

• When will we really notice a difference in non supported items?
  • When will Trade-up end?
  • How long before my Play:3 joins legacy list?
  • Will new “modern” players/speakers overcome the 65,000 (or less) track issue?
  • What happens if Plex stop supporting its 65,000 track work around or it no longer function on legacy items in the future?
  • I don’t currently, and have no plans to start streaming, and even if I did, how long before say Amazon Music/Spotify/Tribal and co come out with a major upgrade meaning for those that use it legacy items fail?

I repeat, we need more details.

Please Sonos we need some answers on the next couple of years route map - otherwise many of us will be seeking out alternatives that we don’t have to find workarounds for.

I am fed up to the back teeth of radio-silence when we the paying public ask for answers and get nothing….

Go on, surprise me, make my day…...

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.