How do I listen to Music but mute my TV

• 5 April 2021
  • 1 reply

If you want to watch your TV while still streaming your music (Ex. So you can your hear music while muting your TV to watch a basketball game or other event). 

1. Open your Sonos App
  2. Clicj “Browse”. It’s the music note next on the bottom tool bar in-between the Sonos Star Icon and the Rooms icon. Under browse you should see a drop down menu of your music libraries,  (Sonos Radio, Napster, SiriusXM, Spotify, etc.). Then you should see a TV Icon and a Line In Icon. Tap the TV Icon. Now you will be given the choice to continue streaming your music. The message will say, “Your audio will mute the TV. Do you wish to continue?” If you choose “yes”, then the music will play, the tv will be muted, but the tv program will still play. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @TLAW Burgh Gal, welcome to the Sonos Community!

Thanks for sharing that, I’m sure it will be helpful for other members of the community. Let us know if there’s anything we can help with :)