Answered

How can I get Sonos to provide me with an actual updated ETA?

• 22 August 2022
  • 4 replies

I upgrade my full Sonos system their their S2 products and was 3 amps short.  On 5/30/22, I placed I upgraded through Sonos for those 3 amps and was promised a ship date of 8/12/22.  They did not ship.  I’ve followed up with Dennis in Customer Service and each time he says it is a shipping issue and there is no ETA.  No ETA could mean a week, a month or a year.  As a long time Sonos customer, they aren’t showing any desire to appease my concerns.  Has anyone succeeded in getting a real response from them?

icon

Best answer by Bumper 24 August 2022, 15:10

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Maybe try Sonos Sales instead. Here is a link to contact them direct:

https://support.sonos.com/s/global-sales-help

I also place an order on 5/31 for 3 AMPs.   I also seem to have the dreaded 8/12 shipping date, which has obviously now passed with no shipment.   I have contacted customer service too, and received a useless email response with no update on the status/shipping estimate.

In fact, the customer service agent encouraged me to cancel the order and try to buy it from a reseller.    As probably anyone reading this post knows, the AMP is out of stock everywhere.   There are some available from resellers at premium prices, well above the Sonos retail price.

It seems like many people are experiencing the same issue.     Honestly, if this was for a $50 bluetooth speaker, I would not be complaining.   But this is high-end, expensive audio equipment, and a customer that has spent thousands of dollars over the past couple years to purchase.   We all deserve better.

Not surprised to see the stock down recently and Wall Street analyst forecasts cut.

It’s a chaotic situation in the whole industry. Supply constraints really cannot be tightly controlled. A schedule is made, then disrupted by a COVID shutdown or flood. We are also working through a couple semi-conductor plant fires that produce integrated circuits used by most of the high end audio products. Working around this integrated circuit issue would require product redesign using lower quality IC’s. Redesign and testing is not a quick process -- assuming that alternate IC’s are available in sufficient quantities. Finally, after the products are complete, they enter a disrupted shipping channel. I don’t follow the day to day shipping situation, but there had been a huge backlog of ships waiting to be loaded and unloaded. If a batch of units is waiting on the production line for a component that is trapped on a ship, production will come to a halt for an unpredictable interval.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Edit saw this thread with comments from the CEO after I posted my question regarding the AMP. 

(thank you @mooandoink for posting it)

@floridamusic looks like the wait will probably continue until 2023 unfortunately.