Headphones

• 22 November 2018
  • 5 replies

Badge
I allways wondered why Sonos never tried to make Headphones ?
I mean if they would i surely would bye a pair.

Since Boss & Sony has some nice once I would love to see Sonos aswell.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Sonos can work with headphones, you just plug them into a Connect or Gen 1 Play 5. If the Connect volume isn't high enough you can add a headphone amp. No need for Sonos to make anything special since any headphones will work fine.

Now wireless headphones are a different issue and Bluetooth ones will have delay issues, not sure about IR ones.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Yea Sonos actually went the other way removing headphone ability from the Gen2 Play:5.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
And wasn't that a surprise to folks (like me) that handed over our Gen 1 5 to be paired with another one and ordered a shiny new Gen 2 without doing my homework. Plunked it down by my comfy chair and found nowhere to plug in my headphones.
Badge
Hi guys, thank you for your reply and I get what you mean but what I ment was Headphones in General...
Like "Sonos Headphone" in their own "Ecosystem" and ofcourse also the ability with BlueTooth in them for PC/Mobile connection if you are on the road.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Hi guys, thank you for your reply and I get what you mean but what I ment was Headphones in General...
Like "Sonos Headphone" in their own "Ecosystem" and ofcourse also the ability with BlueTooth in them for PC/Mobile connection if you are on the road.

We know what you meant and it has been asked many times before.

But let's be honest there are already many fantastic manufacturers of excellent headphones and seeing as Sonos are in the business of making speakers it seems vanishingly unlikely they will go down that road.