Question

Having trouble staying logged into SONOS Communitee on Chrome browser

• 12 January 2017
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Sorry if I posted this question in the wrong area, please feel free to move this question to another area if it's more appropriate. Is there a way to stay logged into the Community web site? Most other forums have an option to remain logged in (more or less permanently). When I log onto the SONOS Communitee on my Chrome browser (and tick remember me). I stay logged into the Community site until I exit Chrome. When I return to the Community in another session, I have to log in again. I'm not sure if this issue is unique to me or if that is the way the forum is designed.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi Jim, it's intended that you'll need to log in when opening a new session. That's a security feature. The same credentials you use here are those for the Sonos.com website and shop, so it's good to keep those secure.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Thanks Ryan. That's probably a really good reason to have separate creds for the forum vs. the Sonos site. Not a great reason to keep the forum so locked down, Very inconvenient.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Just for a point of reference... many company support forums are now tied to account credentials for other parts of the company's website. Just off the top of my head I know of at least three others I have visited (though not with the frequency I visit here) that are set up the same way (Drobo, Roku, and Plex). Plex and Roku actually need more security because the Roku account can be used to manage subscriptions you have access to, and the Plex account gives you access to your media server(s) that you run.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Thanks for the reply Mike. I can understand the need for secure credentials on sites like ROKU and PLEX but in the case of SONOS, it seems like overkill. The SONOS main site is rather innocuous and although you can order hardware and software updates from the SONOS site there is no threat to my personal information. It just seems that having to sign into the SONOS forum is needlessly inconvenient.