Having difficulty turning up volume on Beam with Apple TV 4K remote.

• 21 February 2019
  • 1 reply

Badge
I have a Beam that i've recently purchased. I'm using the HDMI-Optical option to connect to my TV. The volume buttons on the remote for the Apple TV 4K has worked perfectly before the i purchased the Beam. When installing the Beam, the app says the installation was successful and the remote was paired.

The issue comes when I sit on the couch i have to raise my hand high in order to rise/lower the volume. My wife is starting to be annoyed and planning on returning it. The beam sits on an 8 inch mantel. I believe the iR to the beam is not strong enough to connect when i sit on the couch. Has anyone else had this issue? How have you solved it? Is there an after market iR extender that works?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Hello there, marcopolo07. How far back is the Beam from the front edge of the mantle? The IR receiver is located in the middle of the Beam towards the bottom of the unit, if you were to pull the unit forward towards the front edge you may not need to stretch to hit the IR receiver.