Hardware/Integration Suggestion - Dante Audio/AES67

• 22 October 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge

I used to use sonos all the time in both my own home and other commercial locations and got away from it due to various reasons, but i am revisiting the use of sonos port, however with Dante audio being a primary means of network transport on most of my projects these days, i would like to see all my audio stay in the digital realm too. 

I would like to see an integrator version of port which may output dante and/or aes67 and potentially be POE powered as well. Continue to provide all other existing software integrations.

I currently have to convert the spdif to dante to maintain a purely digital signal path, which adds a device inline which costs more then the sonos port to begin with. 

Additionally if you made this version in a form factor that fit easily in a single rack unit, such as a 1/3 or ½ rack space unit and accompanying shelf to be able to place multiple of these units together on this shelf.

Thank you !

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Badge +17

Hi @Paul_188,

Thanks for your suggestion for an updated version of Port. I’ve passed your suggestions on to our product team for consideration.

Please let us know if you have any other suggestions or feature requests and I’ll be sure to pass those on too :slight_smile: