Answered

growing wearier by the day

• 22 April 2019
  • 3 replies

iPhone - playback issues of it's library music.
A simple question. When are you going to fix this issue! It’s an issue that is not new to Sonos, it’s an issue that’s affecting many people. As an installer I am presently fending off more and more angry customers wanting to be refunded for the Sonos equipment that I have recommended and supplied to them. Please tell me there is a fix in the pipeline as I’m growing wearier by the day.....
icon

Best answer by ratty 22 April 2019, 10:15

You mean the issue described here when playing music off an iDevice? I dare say that if Apple made it easy to provide a fix Sonos would have done so months ago.
View original

3 replies

You mean the issue described here when playing music off an iDevice? I dare say that if Apple made it easy to provide a fix Sonos would have done so months ago.

yes, that's the issue. Q. Are Sonos only interested in easy fixes? I would like them to have a go at the hard ones too.....
Q. Are Sonos only interested in easy fixes? I would like them to have a go at the hard ones too.....
Like fixing iOS directly? That's hardly within their gift. They are however likely to be in contact with Apple over the issue.

It's worth pointing out that 'pull' playback of files off a phone is quite possibly one of the least reliable sources. Shove the phone in a pocket and one's body could easily attenuate the WiFi signal. Leave the house and the music stops entirely. Whatever its shortcomings at least AirPlay requires a conscious 'push' by the mobile user.