free shipping.. do you believe ut?

• 19 September 2022
  • 14 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Sonos has this Pop up when getting on the forum offering free shipping on purchases. Does anyone in the forum actually believe you’re getting free shipping? 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

14 replies

Yes.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Shipping is free but getting a return refund ime is Iike trying to get a mail in rebate from Best Buy in 2005. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Yes.

You must be joking… shipping is paid from the a portion of the profit of the product…which the consumer ( you and I ) pays. Only way you get free shipping on anything is if it’s shipped to you with you not paying anything at all or the cost of a product is less than the shipping costs. Companies would be better off stating shipping included, which is what in reality Sonos is really doing but stating “free”. 

Userlevel 7

Yes.

You must be joking… shipping is paid from the a portion of the profit of the product…which the consumer ( you and I ) pays. Only way you get free shipping on anything is if it’s shipped to you with you not paying anything at all or the cost of a product is less than the shipping costs. Companies would be better off stating shipping included, which is what in reality Sonos is really doing but stating “free”. 

Your rants are getting boring.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Yes.

Your rants are getting boring.

No rant at all.. just stating a fact… you like all of us have the option of just scrolling on.. 

Companies would be better off stating shipping included, which is what in reality Sonos is really doing but stating “free”. 

Every thinking adult know there are no free lunches in the world. Sonos is doing what many companies do to attract new customers, and this is a legitimate tactic; unless, like some I know, you believe that all marketing is, in principle, unethical.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I think there’s a very blurry line between “free” and “included”. To me it is not strange to call an extra service “free” if someone’s paying the same as another one that does not get the service.

Why this negative approach?

I have never paid for shipping a Sonos product to my home. I do have invoices to prove that is the case and the prices paid on those invoices are usually no more than I would pay for the same product from a local store/outlet, which I would have to pickup myself, or presumably the store/outlet might charge me extra for delivery.

Clearly though, the shipping is in the overall cost and is spread amongst every product purchased by each one of us and I see that as a much fairer way to provide delivery to all. So when I add a Sonos product to the online basket at sonos.com, aside from any trade-up discount voucher included, I can be confident that the stated price is what I will be paying to get it delivered to the doorstep here, so no sudden surprises there, at least.

This is just stupid.  The price you pay whether you buy from  Sonos or through a brick and mortar  retail store without delivery or shipping..  is the same. Therefore,  shipping is free. 

If you're trying to change the language so that sellers have to say 'included' rather than 'free'  when purchase is required to get a free service/item rather than just getting it without purchase,  this community is a rather poor place to start.

The pretzel logic in the OP is the silliest thing I’ve read on here since the S1/S2 split was compared to Brexit.

@Dogdad .  Of course we all know that the cost of shipping has to be met from tbe price paid. Sonos' direct sales are entirely by courier. The purpose of stating "free shipping" is to confirm that the retail price is what tbe customer pays, and nothing more, for comparison with retail outlets. It is a common market practice.

Do you think Sonos is trying to hoodwink everybody into believing it has discovered a cost--free method of moving physical goods between States or countries? Up my Beam, Scotty? Of course not. "Free shipping" is a statement about price, not cost. 

So yes, I believe I am getting "free shipping" with the established meaning of "no explicit additional charge". And I also believe that whether I buy direct from Sonos or from a retailer, the costs of distribution, like other costs, are loaded into the price.

Your attempts to find bricks to throw at Sonos are looking increasingly desperate, ridiculous and pathetic. 

The pretzel logic in the OP is the silliest thing I’ve read on here since the S1/S2 split was compared to Brexit.

You clearly haven't read any of @Dogdad 's other contributions. 

Buy One, Get One...included?  Because the second one isn’t really free.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

I paid $1K for shipping but I got a free Arc 🤦‍♀️