Feature Suggestion: SONOS Roam with Apple Find My

Badge

I’m sure I’m not the only person who has a head like a sieve and forgets where I left things (and has a fear of small but high value items being stolen, too). 

Apple recently announced that the Find My network now offers new third-party finding experiences. (See more here). 

I think it would be really great if the Roam (and other portable speakers) shipped with an option of having Find My built in. 

SONOS should apply to get into Apple’s MFi programme and start developing/manufacturing products with that the Find My feature built in. 

Images source: Apple Inc. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

You could use something like Tile and tag your Roam without having to require Sonos to get in with an Apple program (that might require licensing fees)

Badge

You could use something like Tile and tag your Roam without having to require Sonos to get in with an Apple program (that might require licensing fees)

Thank you for the suggestion :) I actually have AirTags (which are the Apple version of Tile) on the way and it will definitely offer the same basic functionality, but in a slightly more inconvenient way (I don’t like the idea of a Tile or AirTag dangling from the speaker… it would take away from the beauty and simplicity of SONOS speakers). 

In any case it is just a suggestion. Given that the Roam is a new product, I don’t foresee it being rolled out anytime soon (I think it requires a hardware change rather than just software). But it could be cool for the next iteration. Thank you again! :)

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Yes all they would need to do is adds U1 chip to it and license it to add the “Works with Find My” on the box. They already have the Airplay technology so it shouldn’t be that much of a big deal to add this. 

the only reason I see them not doing it is because miss people wouldn’t lose this as easily as they would their keys. Still a good suggestion.