Feature Requests: memory and auto play

• 1 March 2019
  • 2 replies

have a huge system and have had for years but have 2 real annoyances.
1- when you lose power or reset your wifi you lose all of your groupings around your house and you lose what was last playing. Would be awesome to have a favorite setting so one click to back to last state or even better just have the startup always default to last state.

2 - i would love it if you could have a setting for the playbars so that when tv is turned off they auto join a group or auto go to playing a particular source. Now when tv turns on the source switches and then when tv off it defaults to silence

There you go 🙂

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
have a huge system and have had for years but have 2 real annoyances.
1- when you lose power or reset your wifi you lose all of your groupings around your house and you lose what was last playing. Would be awesome to have a favorite setting so one click to back to last state or even better just have the startup always default to last state.

Yep. Others have stated similar requests, and it makes good sense. The only thing I would add is a time setting you can specify that the speaker return to it's default grouping after the set period of time of inactivity. And it would be nice to have default volume setting as well.

As a side note, you can get close to this if you use Alexa groups, if you're using Amazon voice, and some 3rd party services. As an example, I have speakers set to group 4 rooms together and play a Pandora station every weekday morning as my alarm clock.

2 - i would love it if you could have a setting for the playbars so that when tv is turned off they auto join a group or auto go to playing a particular source. Now when tv turns on the source switches and then when tv off it defaults to silence

There you go 🙂

Yep, heard this one before as well. I think it's a little trickier as it requires Sonos to track the last grouping for the playbar. And although I can see where this would be useful, I can also see where this could be rather annoying in some scenarios. One issue would be volume. I find myself turning up the volume on TV, while using a lower volume setting for music. If the playbar switched from TV to music automatically, I'd also want to make sure the volume goes back to what it was before switching to TV (not exactly sure how) or to a default volume settting.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Scott_142,

Thanks for the suggestions, we're always looking for ways to improve and many of our current features come from customer requests. I'll send along a feature request for saved groups and for the Playbar to auto join a group when the TV audio ends.