Feature Request - Upfiring Atmos channels adjustment on Arc

• 12 December 2020
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I’ve had an Arc now for about 2/3 months and I love the thing, I’m currently watching The Mandalorian as we speak, but I can’t help but think my room/trueplay isn’t getting the most out of the Atmos up-firing speakers.

Trueplay does a pretty good job on the whole in terms of frequency response etc but I don’t think it’s all the way there yet with the level of the up-firing speakers. When I turn Trueplay off when watching Atmos content, and I know the upward speakers are in use, the level of them increases quite a bit, so all I ask is a setting in the app to control this, in exactly the same way as the surround speakers currently work. 

I’ve tried many different ways of measuring for Trueplay to try and rectify this but none of them seem to work, as obviously the algorithm thinks they must be too loud, and I disagree!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 7

Yes, it would be nice for us to be able to adjust the volume level on the two upfiring speakers.

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Yes +1 for this also, this and the centre channel for voices.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Yes +1 for this also, this and the centre channel for voices.

This has been asked for on several occasions, including by myself.  If we keep asking then hopefully they will do something.  It’s certainly an option on some of their competitors soundbars to have more control over the speakers.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

I’ve had an Arc now for about 2/3 months and I love the thing, I’m currently watching The Mandalorian as we speak, but I can’t help but think my room/trueplay isn’t getting the most out of the Atmos up-firing speakers.

Trueplay does a pretty good job on the whole in terms of frequency response etc but I don’t think it’s all the way there yet with the level of the up-firing speakers. When I turn Trueplay off when watching Atmos content, and I know the upward speakers are in use, the level of them increases quite a bit, so all I ask is a setting in the app to control this, in exactly the same way as the surround speakers currently work. 

I’ve tried many different ways of measuring for Trueplay to try and rectify this but none of them seem to work, as obviously the algorithm thinks they must be too loud, and I disagree!

The below is the response you will get, so I will cut and paste it for you, lol:

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for the feedback and feature request. We appreciate it a lot as these type of feature request helps us to know more about how to improve our products. I will be more than happy to send this up as a feature request. I would suggest keeping your products up-to-date to be able to receive the latest feature, feature release, bug fixes and updates. Just top set your expectation, you will not be contacted for any progress of this feature request that is why I suggest to keep your products up-to-date.

If you have any other questions, concerns, or feature requests, please do not hesitate to reach out or create a topic. We highly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

+1

Userlevel 2

Yes.. .  The arc needs volume control for the center channel and the atmos channels. Asap!

+1

For me it’s even more important than the surround sound volume adjustment, which is handled perfectly by the app. But I would appreciate if I could increase the volume of the upfiring speakers, since I haven’t found any Trueplay adjustment that is solving the lack of sound from above to my complete satisfaction. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

I agree with this. It wouldn’t take much to add the up-firing speaker’s volume slider under the “Surrounds” volume level page.