Feature Request: Sync volume across speakers

• 17 January 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

When adding and subtracting multiple speakers from the listening experience, oftentimes the volume levels may be different from listening in different rooms etc. When I want to play all speakers at once this often leads to me having to micro adjust them to match. A button within the volume adjustment menu to align all volume levels to match would be awesome. Additionally, a way to lock the group so that my beam+surrounds and Sonos 1 will adjust the volume together rather than individually if I’m playing music through everything. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Use the ‘grouped’ volume control to set them all to zero/muted, then you can adjust it up from there, and they’ll stay aligned to each other. 

I have used it his procedure exactly once, but now have EP realized that once I’ve done the ‘micromanagement’ process, I want to keep it that way, and just use the ‘grouped’ volume slider to increase or decrease all speakers, maintaining their ‘micromanaged’ relative volumes.