Feature Request: "play until end of song" option

• 30 August 2022
  • 3 replies

I love the sleep timer and the auto-off after x minutes of the sonos alarm. However, in both cases it is extremely annoying that the music always abruptly stops after the specified time (especially for the sleep timer since this always wakes me up again).

It would be super cool to have the option (when setting the sleep timer or alarm) to "play until end of song", meaning that after x minutes, the currently playing song will play to its and and only THEN will the music stop. This would be a much more gently way to end the music. Alternatively you could also specify a certain number of songs. I guess a slow fade-out would also do the job, but I like the first option better.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Riblek 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Thank you - I've marked this thread as a feature request and it will be seen by the relevant teams for consideration. Keep the ideas coming!

I haven’t messed with the Sonos alarm in a long time, but can’t you create a Sonos playlist containing a single song, and set that to play as your alarm?  Would that satisfy what you’re looking for here?  I realize that would mean you’d be hearing the same exact song every morning.

I haven’t messed with the Sonos alarm in a long time, but can’t you create a Sonos playlist containing a single song, and set that to play as your alarm?  Would that satisfy what you’re looking for here?  I realize that would mean you’d be hearing the same exact song every morning.

exactly this is my problem. I want only one or two songs to wake up, but if I'm going to hear the same song every morning I will hate it by the end of the week ^^

And I still have the problem with the sleep timer