Feature Request: lock in setting for TV and Music

• 11 January 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

I am sure this must have been requested before BUT can you look to add a feature in the app where you can save your setting for watching TV and then for listening to music?  It’s frustration to have to keep changing it when you move from watching to listening and vice versa.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

What setting(s) are you specifically referring to?  There have been requests by others to have different default value settings when you switch between TV and music, but not sure if you are getting at something else.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

What setting(s) are you specifically referring to?  There have been requests by others to have different default value settings when you switch between TV and music, but not sure if you are getting at something else.

Yes, so I have different EQ settings for when I listen to music to what I use for when I am watching TV. 

So a simple facility to be able to save 2 settings would be great.  One for TV and one for music and you just select which one you want OR even better the system automatically knows if you are watching TV or listening to music so it could simply select the relevant setting.

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @GaryGorilla.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us and providing your feedback and request. Allow me to share some information and help you out as it is indeed a lot of convenience being able to save an EQ settings as we have different preference depending on what we are listening to.

This is not yet a supported feature with Sonos. However, I will be more than happy to send this to our engineering team as a feature request. I would suggest keeping your Sonos App and Sonos products up to date for them to receive the latest features, bug fixes and newly released features of Sonos. Just to set your expectation, you will not be contacted or updated for any progress made on your feature request that is why I highly suggest subscribing to this thread keeping your Sonos App and Sonos Products up-to-date.

If you have any other questions, concerns, or feature requests, please do not hesitate to reach out or create a topic. We highly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Userlevel 2

I second that.

The system aleeady distinguishes betwenn tv sources and music sources, and saves two individual volume settings for the surround speakers according to the source.

It would be an easy thing to also save eq settings, and the last used volume setting.

Right now it only saves one value for last used volume.  Though it would very useful to remember the last music volume plus the last tv volume.

Userlevel 7

In the meantime, iOS users can use the Soro app to create Sonos shortcuts/widgets that will switch to preset EQs with one tap: 

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

+1 for this feature to be added.