Answered

Feature Request: Line-in autoplay to group

Hello,

I would like to request the following features:

1. I would like the ability to autoplay a group from a line in connection. I see that we have the ability to autoplay a room, but I want to be able to automatically have SONOS play my line in throughout my entire SONOS system w/out having to select anything in the SONOS app.
  2. I would also like to be able to see my SONOS groups on the airplay menu.

Can anyone confirm if SONOS is looking into these features?

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 31 May 2022, 00:57

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

I cannot confirm anything,  as I do not work for Sonos. But I would put a fair bit of money on these NOT being under consideration.

The reason is that so-called user-defined groups are just shortcut button presses used when on-the-fly grouping is applied by the user. There is, I suspect, no programming object that the line in or Airplay can reference.

@IPAIRIS,

Sonos rarely announce their development roadmap but, just to briefly mention, it appears there are ways to achieve both 1 and 2 in your opening post, by using Apple iOS ‘shortcuts’ together with the 3rd-Party Soro App for Sonos, which is an iOS ‘shortcuts’ plugin. I’m not affiliated with the App, but do occasionally use it myself and so that’s worth you perhaps exploring if you need to be able to do these things now.

There’s a slight learning curve with the Apps mentioned, but also some good examples to help get the user started and Soro is particularly simple to use if familiar with iOS Shortcuts.

All such Apps of course are only available through the Apple Store, but as with any App, it’s use is entirely at your own risk.

Thanks! I’ll look into the Soro App. I just wish they offered a free trial.

In general, I don’t think this is that large of an ask. Just depends on what their dev-team prioritizes. I thought I’d add this in-case SONOS is looking at these threads trying to determine what new features to add.

I usually assume that the feature that sells the most new devices is the one that gets prioritized. Sonos is in business to sell hardware.