Feature Request: DJ Mode

• 25 May 2019
  • 3 replies

When listening to music with friends, we will all take a turn at putting the next song on. Sonos is a great way to do this. The features of "Play Next", "Play Now" or "Add to Queue" is perfect EXCEPT that people too easily accidentally hit the "Play Now" button and then it ruins the flow by stopping the current song. Perhaps "DJ Mode" only allows for Play Next or Add to Queue to prevent the accidental cancellation of a playing song. Adding a collaborative feature where multiple people can add to the playlist but only in turn would be really neat. It would turn it into more than just background music and make it a game or the focus of a listening party. It would be forcing people to be more interactive with the music. I use to make this mandatory when hosting. lol
Just an idea. What do you think?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi there, Musicato and thank you for your post. This is a great suggestion and I can definitely see the benefit of it, I will be sure to forward it to the necessary department. I am keen to see what our other users think of it. Do let us know if you need anything else. Many thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Been asking for years now.... hopefully one day!

What other users think? We've been throwing around the ideas as far back as I know.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Here was my last thread on the subject

https://en.community.sonos.com/controllers-software-228995/party-mode-idea-6796954