Feature Request - Disable speaker controls just on Soundbar, but NOT on surround speaker

• 7 November 2019
  • 2 replies

I could be missing an already existing way to do this, but I can't find it..

I would like to disable the volume/speaker controls on JUST the soundbar, leaving the volume /control/speakers controls to work on the surround speakers. The only option I can see at the moment is to disable the controls on all speakers.

My reason for this - My 1 year old son likes to press the soundbar buttons πŸ˜²πŸ˜€ I ran for a while with all controls turned off but found it to be a pain, as I like being able to turn the volume up/down by reaching back and pressing the button on the surround speakers. With it all disabled, I either have to hunt for the remote or ask my partner to do it if she has the remote πŸ˜€ or get my phone out and fire up the Sonos app...

Β 

My solution so far is to have the controls turned on but a volume limit set, for those occasions my son holds the volume down on the soundbar πŸ˜… An option to do it per speaker would however be excellent!πŸ‘

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi there,

Β 

You’re correct in that you can disable the touch controls for the whole surround setup, but not for just the Playbar. I can see how that could be useful. I’ll submit a feature request to the team to add the ability to disable the touch controls for part of the surround setup.

Thanks Jeff! πŸ‘

Β 

I expect a lot of people with small children may have the same problem. Disabling all is an option or limiting the volume, but disabling the controls only on the Playbar/Beam (in my case) would be great - he can't reach the surrounds on the stands... yet! πŸ˜„ A minor petty thing but I am sure it wouldn't be too hard to implement πŸ‘

Β 

Thanks again Stu