Feature request: Disable Airplay on Sonos Port (at least)

• 2 January 2020
  • 2 replies

Badge

Using my Port to broadcast my turntable to my Sonos system but never to send audio to anything, it kinda bugs me to see it listed in my Airplay receivers list as I already have a long list of devices there. It’s a first world problem, I know, but I think it’d make sense to disable Airplay support on the Port for those of us using it as an input to the System audio system and never has an output.

Much love xxx

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Curious. How does Sonos know that next week, you’re not going to decide to send an AirPlay 2 signal to it?

Ah, perhaps you’re advocating for the ability to turn off any device’s capability to be an AirPlay 2 receiver ? Are you looking for this in software, or hardware?

Badge

Curious. How does Sonos know that next week, you’re not going to decide to send an AirPlay 2 signal to it?

Ah, perhaps you’re advocating for the ability to turn off any device’s capability to be an AirPlay 2 receiver ? Are you looking for this in software, or hardware?

I’m indeed advocating for the software ability to turn off the device’s capability as ab Airplay receiver, or to stop broadcasting as one if it’s an option.