Feature Request: Better Voice control when loud music playing

• 25 January 2021
  • 1 reply

As a listener, I wish my Sonos One could hear my voice commands when music is playing at higher volumes so that I don’t have to turn it down or use my phone in order to control the speaker.

Look at the Amazon Echo Input as an example.  I have one of those as well, and it does a really cool trick:  when it is streaming music, it filters the music stream from its mic input.  I can have the music up loud, and still very quietly utter an Alexa command and it will “hear” me and respond.  That’s an awesome feature!  I’d love it if my Sonos One could do that.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @jmarsch,

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for bringing this to our attention. We absolutely appreciate the recommendations for Alexa to respond even the music is playing at a higher volume. Thanks for sharing this with us as we highly appreciate feedbacks that would help us improve our system. I would be more than happy to send this to our engineering team as a feature request. Please let us know if you still have any feature requests or feedback by creating a topic. In any case, you need assistance with your Sonos, you can always reach back to us and we’ll be glad to assist you.