Feature request: Announce song title and artist

• 21 March 2022
  • 1 reply

I would love it if (Alexa-enabled?) Sonos speakers had the option to announce the title and artist of songs in between them playing. e.g. “That was Eight Days a Week by The Beatles. Next up is Thunder Road by Bruce Springsteen.” This would be SO helpful when shuffling a playlist you’ve never listened to before, or one you haven’t listened to in a while. Plus, for voice-enabled speakers, it would give you an extra moment to decide if you want to skip a song before it starts playing.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hey @heyheyesj , welcome to Sonos Community!

That’s a great idea but you would need to reach out to Amazon (or Google, for Google Assistant) to request this feature.

Currently and with both available voice assistants for Sonos, Alexa and Google, you have the option to ask what it is playing to get that information.

I personally love the mystery of what’s gonna play next, when listening to playlists for the first time. Makes the experience more exciting when exploring new music, especially when it’s playing a song that I don’t know and I genuinely like.